Knowing HOW To Lose Weight Is Only 33% Of The Puzzle, The Other 67% Is…

FeaturedSo over the weekend I attended a small “health and fitness” seminar in my local area.

Only a few hundred people attended, and there were about 5 or 6 guest speakers who gave speeches about what they were currently researching or prescribing to their clients/patients.

Just a standard get together of like-minded people, and overall, it was a great experience to hear from these experts in their respective fields.

But when the third speaker got up on stage and said he had been studying the effects good nutrition and exercise have of weight loss, I kind of freaked out.

The dude was obese!

Instantly I thought that he was joking, I mean seriously, really?

How could you have devoted your entire adult life to the study of weight loss, and not be slim yourself?

Surely, after the first year or two, you’d know exactly how to lose weight and apply the knowledge to yourself.

He must have been able to read my mind, because after his introduction he went straight into telling us WHY he hadn’t lost weight himself.

[wp_ad_camp_1]

The reason?

He had NO motivation to do so.

Sure, he knew he should lose weight.

He wanted to lose weight.

And, being an expert in the field of weight loss, he sure as hell knew HOW to lose weight.

But he just couldn’t find the motivation to get out of bed and go for a run.

After he told me that, my mind exploded.

All these years I’ve been putting such a huge emphasis on teaching people HOW to lose weight, when that’s only a fraction of the puzzle.

(A small one at that.)

Seriously, if you want to lose weight, all you have to do is:

  • Exercise more
  • Eat less
  • Eat healthier
  • Sleep more
  • Drink more water

In 11 words and 5 dot points I taught you exactly how to lose weight, but chances are it’s not going to do a thing for you.

(Because you already knew how to lose weight – we all do!)

What you actually need, like the weight-loss expert who shall remain nameless, is a huge boost of motivation.

You need to be able to spring out of bed, full of willpower and determination, and put everything you know into practice.

But not everyone has this level of motivation (like the obese weight-loss expert), and without it, losing weight is impossible.

[wp_ad_camp_1]

Lucky for you, in my free eBook Seven Secrets of Weight Loss, one of the seven secrets is how to build a strong motivation to lose weight.

(At least I think it is, it’s been a while since I wrote it!)

You can grab the eBook for free when you sign up to the mailing list, which you can do below.

Leave a Reply